The temperature has dropped, days are getting shorter and nights longer, and the once green leaves are turning into a lovely golden red colour. It must be Autumn! As these changes take place, it's time to focus on preparing and maintaining your hair for the season. ASC have got you covered with our top four Autumn/Winter hair care guide.
Using a good quality moisturising deep conditioner, such as ORS Replenishing Conditioner or ORS Hair Mayonnaise, ensures your hair is kept hydrated during the cold months. We suggest deep conditioning every two weeks. Lather the conditioner all over your hair, paying special attention to the tips.REGULAR MOISTURISING
Irregular British weather affects our hair in so many ways - loss of moisture being one of them. The best way to combat this is to frequently add extra moisture to your strands. We suggest, after washing and conditioning your hair, use Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in Conditioning Repair Cream or Elasta QP Mango Butter Leave In Conditioner and seal in the moisture using naturally occurring oils or butters that penetrate your strands such as coconut oil, Sunny Isle Jamaican Black Castor Oil, or shea butter. Again, make sure that you focus on the ends of your hair, moving up to the roots.
We also recommend using hot oil treatments such as Mizani Supreme Oil from time to time. It’s a safe and brilliant way to seal moisture into your hair. Other benefits are that it prevents breakage and frizz, treats dry scalp conditions, and adds body and shine to your hair.PROTECTIVE STYLING
Protective styles are a fun way to minimise breakage and ensure you don’t manipulate your hair too much during this season. There are so many great protective options, as long as the hair is properly installed, maintained and removed. We cannot stress enough how important it is to not neglect your real hair for the duration of your chosen style.
- Extensions & Wigs - If you’re in the mood for a medium to long term style we recommend having a sew-in weave installed. ASC stock a collection of Remy straight, curly and body wave human hair styles for you to choose from. Adding the ASC lace frontal or closure will give your hair the ultimate protection it needs. Your ASC weave bundles can be made into a stylish wig providing flexibility and ease of maintenance for both the wig and your real hair.
- Cornrows & Braids - With or without synthetic (or human) braiding hair this is a fantastic option to tuck your hair away this season. With an abundance of hair styling options to choose from there’s no way you can go wrong.
- Buns & Updo's - Perfect for any stage of your hair journey, updos and buns are a quick and easy way to keep the ends of your hair hidden away from the cold.
As enticing as it is to dive head first into the temptingly scrumptious Christmas food popping up on supermarket shelves, it is important to remember that maintaining a balanced diet aids hair health in its protected state.
- Drink plenty of water - regular hydration supports hair growth where blood flow brings nutrients to the hair and removes waste from your body. Dehydration hinders hair growth and health.
- Fruit and veg intake - Eating your 5-a-day and incorporating vitamin-rich foods into your diet in the long term benefit not only your body but hair health as well.
Remember to sign up to our mailing list for exclusive offers including a discount code for 15% off your first order.
11th November 2016